View Single Post
      07-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #20
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

I drive my car perfectly, 0 "jerking", and even while wearing flip flops. I invite you for a ride if you ever visit where I live. Do you really think BMW engineered a car with the intentions of having the drivers removing parts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
...All that "remove the CDV" non-sense is useless...the only thing it will do for you is provide quicker engagement, otherwise the jerking will still be there if you can't shift properly.

The jerking will NOT be there anymore, once your CDV is gone. You will really wonder why you have been driving so long with that darn CDV in there! Yes, you can drive around the CDV to some extent.. but for me the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shifts are sooo much sweeter now that the CDV is gone.

As to any cons... well.. there have been a few guys who have snapped off the bleed screw when they were bleeding thier clutch slave. IF that happens I believe you need to buy a new slave cylinder for $70 in order to get that bleed screw. BMW doesn't see it separately. Other than that there is no cons.

Dackel
Appreciate 0