First Impressions vs most recent cars (G8 GXP and S2000)
I took delivery today of my 2012 135 MN6 vert today. Coming most recently from a 400+HP Pontiac G8 GXP and a Honda S2000, my first impressions were...
1. Notably better fits, finish and quality vs the others
2. Rubbery shifter vs the others, but not bad
3. Many more engineering details than the other two
4. Even the basic sound system on my 2012 sounds way better than the others. The sound is more crisp, especially from SAT. Nice to have HD radio.
5. Bluetooth hookup seems to work better than GM's (I was able to do other tasks on the BB 9700 without affecting the BT connection with the car)
6. Standard suspension was comfortable...but not as connected as the others
7. Motor is not as visceral as the others in terms of sound and revving...the LS3 growls more, and revs up more quickly with equivalent pedal motion when rev-matching. BUT, the 135's sound is richer than the others. Sounds a lot like P-Car sixes (I had 997 and 996 P-cars and a Boxster too).
8. Sport steering wheel is comfortable, well-designed.
9. Standard (non-M) seats are a bit small, take considerable fiddling to get "just right", and are less coddling, but overall are OK once they are set up.
10. Sound isolation is good for a ragtop
And I forgot to mention:
11. Hill holder feature is useful and works well
Overall balance: very happy with he car.
2011 X5 50i
2011 Nissan Patrol
2013 Mini JCW GP
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure
2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
Last edited by sjp3003; 08-16-2011 at 07:33 AM.