10-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
So I just bought my wheels and tyres to my local tyre shop.

He just gave me a 15 minute lecture/rant about how I am ruining their business when we buy tyres overseas. Apparently we are ruining the tyre industry in the country!

Just wondering if anyone get the same rant when you bring tyres to them?

ps. will post pics once I get it back, cross my fingers it is not going to rub!
No, he is ranting about how the manufacturers are not lowering their price so that he can compete. He also mentioned that when a customer comes in and tell him he can get it cheaper on the internet, he take it back up to the manufacturer and they will usually lower the price for him so that he can still do the deal.

Failing that he can still go to the importers and buy the tyre if the manufacturer would not match the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Yeah definitely! he said he is going to increase the price to fit and mount tyres from $100 to $200.

I thought to myself I would still be buying tyres from tirerack even with a $100 increase.
Take the business to someone who only charge less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
I got the run around when I was getting my tyres fitted. Bob Jane refused to fit non run flats to the car, the sky would fall should I get anything other than what came on the car!

I can understand it can't be easy for any stores to compete with international sales but they need to look at other avenues to differentiate themselves.

I'd be happy to pay some premium to get tyres locally but not twice the price.

Interested to see what Vans view is on this, considering he's on the other side of the fence.
My tyre store has been promoting non-RFT for so long over RFT.

I am a retailer myself and I am sick of retailers whinging about people ordering online. What businesses, especially large ones for that matter need to understand it is a global world now and they only have themselves to blame if they don't respond to the challenge. Most of the time, they lose business to online store in Australia anyway and not overseas.
Appreciate 0