11-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #82
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
You can have a look any time you like - just PM me.
We are nothing but impressed with the 30d. It is tuned for more power and torque than any other 30d in the BMW range ATM. (190/560)
While I would also have liked the 35d, when the 30d already outperforms the X5 40d, I doubt they will be in a hurry to bring it here.
Thanks mate. I will most likely take you up on that offer at some point. After seeing the 30d in action I think I'm sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Wow that's strange because i filled the tank up saturday and i used less than half a tank and had the tune on and hammering it all the time as well.
A great day except some very rough pot hole reeded road,a disgrace to the shire council on one long long road.
I covered around 350km on the cruise but then had to drive to the other side of town when I got home which took me up to 400km. I usually get around 350km per tank though because I do more driving around town than on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
looks like a great day

400km.. how many times did the 135i peeps fill up those teacup sized fuel tanks
I only filled up just before I got to Calamvale Hotel. The cruise was around 350km but I used the entire tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I'm sitting on 495kms out of the tank (filled up the night before and drove to work this morning) but I'm gonna need petrol to get home

I did about 450kms on the day but I live on the northside so had further to travel...

PS: Speaking of "Not-BMWs", how about that 928S? He was a charming fella
That's an excellent effort Angus, 495km is unheard of in my car. And you were putting your foot down quite a bit too!

I think our tunes have a big effect on the fuel consumption as well. I'm making around 30kw more than you and I did see redline a few times

As for Porsche (SHARKI) - I was lost for words. He had the worst driving etiquette I have seen in a long time. I occasionally encounter people trying to cut me off and cause speed up when I overtake them from random drivers but never from someone on a cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I didn't have the pleasure... what happened?
Angus summed it up pretty well down below. I'm not sure what his problem was. When I caught up to him I assumed he wasn't even part of our cruise because of the way he was driving and then I saw him at the pub.

Quote:
He didn't like to be overtaken and almost took Vinney out - then had the nerve to blame Vin and accuse him of almost killing both of them - in front of everyone, at the lunch stop...

I also had problems getting around him - he'd bunch up or swerve or indicate an overtake as soon as you got near him...
I still think he was doing it intentionally as nobody could drive that poorly. I'm pretty sure that's why he left the pub early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I filled up just before the day started, so basically had a full tank at Calamvale and still have 1/4 tank left.

I found it quite hard to put the foot down a lot of the time, being stuck behind traffic was a pain in the behind... I was in 5/6th gear for a lot of the time! I remember when we overtook someone when I was behind the leader in the E46 325 I hammered it but had to put on the brakes mid overtake as he was too slow...

We really had the fastest cars there but were in group 3 being held back by group 2 a lot of the time. Could have kept up in a Smart car!

PS- How nice was that black Brabus Merc on the M1 on the way home!
Yes it looked really nice. Looked pretty quick too.

Quote:
That was pretty sweet... Did you see the 3 series trying to keep up with him?

Just home that none of us got done by that speed van on the way home...
Yes I saw that E46 give chase, it looked so slow in comparison!

I hope we didn't get done. I tried to call you but had no reception I didn't see any flashes though
Appreciate 0