Originally Posted by AlvinT
The cold start-up is slightly louder than stock with a richer-sounding, warmer exotic note. Our system is less restrictive than the stock system with minimum 7-10wHP/tq gains. We devoted considerable time fabricating multiple samples to get this system right. There are (2) mufflers separately-tuned using Borla ATAK technology. As stated from the OP, the cabin resonance issue is reduced but the exhaust is louder at WOT.
We are working closely with an aerodynamicist on our exhaust-diffuser development to optimize performance of this unique product. We'll have more details at the SoCal 1M GTG later this month. I can share some information for those interested:
- This exhaust-diffuser is an option to our Borla ATAK system, PN-11820
- This integrated option mounts directly to this exhaust system
- There is no drilling required or the need to remove any stock fasteners of your 1M for installation
- It does not contact any surface of your 1M
- It is styled specifically for your 1M in metal to compliment our exhaust tips
- It is designed to improve exterior air-flow with our exhaust system (not a full aero solution to reduce lift)
- Did I mention it looks cool?
Let me know more when you get the info on the diffuser