03-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Having owned both, they are very different cars to drive! The 135i is a quick small car with an average suspension, while the 1M is a true sports car and suspension, performance and overall drive feels as such. These 2 cars shouldn't be compared!
If money is no problem and so is manual shifting than the 1M hands down is the MUCH better car in looks and in performance ....I respect your opinion on not copmparing the 1 with the 1M but.....I dig the 1M and have had the opportunity to buy one 3 times and have not made the purchase for a few reasons...As a few have mentioned "MONEY"..There is a big difference between payments ..in my case double for the 1M as i bought my car used CPO with 9.000 miles on it for a tad over 30g...my payments would double...and my car will be paid off in a couple years.. Saying the 135i and the 1M should not be compared is IMO bizarre. Especially for its street road manner..Not the track where of course the 1M's M3 suspension would shine, but for the street they can be compared and so can there speed. I do believe my tuned car will stay with a stock 1M pretty well and possibly even beat one especially with paddle shifting in a sprint to 80.
Would i love a 1M..of course but for me the 135i for the street is very well suited to my needs and the extra 400 buck as month that i saved not buying the 1M is enough to buy my wife a new car...which i did ! Yea, i LOVE my sunroof to.

I saved 15 grand buying my car from a BMW Corporate Auction over new and CPO's it...that's a big monthly savings...IMO look for a slighly used car and SAVE. If money is no issue 1M all the way!!! I do not think a new 135i is worth 46 grand new and 54 for a vert....The 1M is though.

Last edited by IZAGLO; 03-12-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 0