Thread: Stolen 1M
View Single Post
      03-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
1MSept11
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Exclamation Stolen 1M

My 6 month old AW 1M was stolen from my drive last night. Despite my best attempts to deter them, with CCTV and a house alarm, they managed to steal it in just under 3 minutes at 2am.

Luckily the CCTV caught them, the Police now have it so fingers crossed.

Just really to let you all know how they did it. BMW have identified a 'black spot' in the car's alarm on the inside of the car. Apparently this is on the passenger side, but on the 1M it appears to be on the driver side.

They smashed a small area of the driver door glass near to the wing mirror, put their hand down to the ECU in the footwell (in the black spot) then plugged in a device that can then 're-program' ANY BMW keyfob with the Radio Frequency of the car they are stealing and make that key the car key.

One of them then got in the car, released the handbrake and three of them pushed it off the drive and down the road where I guess they started it and hopefully wrapped themselves around a tree and slowly killed them in a fireball.

On the plus side I have GAP insurance, and also a set of brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the rear so if anyone wants to brighten my week and buy them off me for what I paid (£600) please PM me.

Hope you all enjoy yours as much as I did mine. 6 months of pure pleasure, I wont be buying another as It will just happen again, so until I have the house in the country with a garage, I wont be buying another!
Appreciate 1