04-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #43
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato View Post
Despite Eric having not read bulk of the threads leading up to his comment... I do share his concern on adding random adapters to the brake system, and what does the additional torque sustained on the caliper/caliper bracket means... Changing caliper all together raises even more concerns...
Well its not like i'm downgrading in caliper quality. Its definitely an upgrade over ours. As far as additional torque onto the bracket I can see where there would be a concern on this. I'm having an entirely new bracket to be made and milled out of aluminum once complete. The caliper really will only be getting pushed out about 1/4 inch further out. The biggest movement of it will be in a lateral fashion due to the new offset of the rotor. As Kori said there, this would be no different than installing a bbk which would come with a new bracket also. My biggest concern isn't a failure of the bracket, but getting the measurements correctly as to get perfect fitment of the caliper.