View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tian-X4.8 View Post
Good questions. I am running OEM tires. Not sure what they are. I have an auto in regular driving mode. Ill try in sport and in manual mode.. I don't know if Cobb has traction assist feature but I can inquire. Thanks again for your information..
^That's your problem. "D" and "DS" start in second gear. Though even in second you should normally be able to break loosemwith 400 ft lbs to the wheels. Try putting it in "DS" and then pushing the shifter up to bring it to M1. You should be able to break traction no problem. Also, what tune are you running on the Cobb? The one that doesn't require FMIC, etc, or the more aggressive one that does? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Cobb maps, but my guess is that a second gear start in "D" with the less aggressive map won't break traction, even with the stock Bridgestones RE050A tires. It won't be 400 ft lbs to the wheels with the less aggressive map, though. Otherwise, it MUST be a problem (or Cobb has some traction assist setting). With the more aggressive map I would really expect there to be some loss of traction in 2nd gear.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0