07-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #497
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I've had a bit of experience with the Advan Stage 1 kit recently, including today's track day. Very cold days & nights so not the ultimate test. Temp's were read off my Perf. steering wheel.
1. On the hwy at night driving to/from the Sunshine Coast I was averaging oil temps around 109 degrees. As the thermostat doesn't even open until ~105 that's not too bad.
2. At Qld Raceway today, with ambient temps ~19 degrees I was seeing peak oil temps of 130 degrees on the "National" circuit & 126 on the "Clubman" & "Sprint" circuits. These came down to ~115 by the time I cruised back to the pits after a cool down lap. As QR is a series of interconnected drag strips oil & water get very hot here. I have seen 137 degrees here before with the standard setup running just an SSTT but I can't remember what the ambient temp was then
Drove up to the Twin Waters for a conference on Tuesday & returned today. With ambient temps of ~22 degrees my oil was still around 109 degrees. This is good. Interested to see what it's like on a 35deg day on the hwy.