There was only one 1M Coupe last year. We're hoping for more this year. Please reply here if you think you can make it so I have an idea of how big the 1M section should be.
Aug 19, 2012 - 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM
In what has now become a tradition, August is the month of the BMWCCA M-Car Day at Griotís Garage. This year, itíll be on Sunday August 19th and the wonderful folks at Griotís Garage will once again be our hosts. Their new facility is perfect for such an event as it provides ample space to park and display our beautiful M Cars. In addition their flagship store is worth the trip alone.
M Car Day is the one and only day in the year when M Cars owners get together to celebrate and appreciate all of the wonderful BMW M Cars that have thrilled us over the years. Last year, we had 175 cars. About every M Car type ever produced was present: From the original M1 to the recently introduced 1M Coupe, along with some special and unique M Cars. Letís try to break the record this year. Bring your M Car and park alongside fellow members to compare notes on modifications and common maintenance items. M Car day is typically one of the largest events at Griotís Garage. Letís make it THE largest!
Please plan to roll in between 10:30 and 11 am so we can direct you to the appropriate section to park your car. Like years past, weíll park M cars by chassis type. Weíll also have a section for regular chassis that have had M Power engine transplants.
Here is a rough agenda for the day:
- Griotís Garage will provide each M Car owner in attendance with a free Car Care Product sample at registration. There will also be special discounts in their on-site store, so bring your shopping list.
- Around 11 am, Griotís Garage car care specialists will pick a lucky car from the attendees for a car care demo in their garage.
- Hauryís Lake City Collision will have their Ultimate Loaner Car (2011 M3) on hand for you to take for a test drive around the neighborhood.
- Weíre mixing up the food format this year: We will have BUNS (gourmet natural burgers) and Las Margaritas Mexican Cuisine on site to provide delicious for-pay lunch options.
- So bring a few bucks if youíd like to eat.
- After lunch, weíll have the always-popular raffle for some great prizes to win. And much more!
You do not have to be a BMWCCA member to attend. The event is free to attend and thereís no need to RSVP. Just come out, bring your M Car and join the fun. Bimmerpost members without an M Car are of course welcome to attend the event and enjoy the day.
The event typically runs until 2pm.
Raffle items are offered by our generous sponsors: Griotís Garage, Broad Strokes Associates, Hauryís Lake City Collision & Cohesive Garage
Donít miss this fun and informative day for M-Cars! If youíd like more info, feel free to PM me
Sunday, August 19th, 10:30am-2pm
3333 South 38th St