07-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #45
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section147 View Post
Hey, tuc...love ya to death and not sayin' I don't agree with you, but.

There are over 100,000 members here (not sure how many are active) and not everyone's going
to see your (or my) points of view.

When I had my GTIs I spent many, many hours on vwvortex. Those folks would eat most of the
members here for lunch. I realize it's a very different crew here and I kind of like it that way but
as I've said before, there are WAY too many thin skins on this forum. When someone disagrees
with someone, here's a unique idea...have a debate! Not in a disrespectful, troll-like fashion, but
don't be afraid to state your case. It beats whining about how mean everybody is. "Can't we all
just get along"? Really? Uncle.
In the interests of debate, I can live with those comments. Healthy debate is good; endless repeating of which of 128 vs 135 is better is tedious, and, imo, a stupid waste of time.

And, you're correct, the nature of internet forums is such that, no, we probably can not just get along.

The "good" of these forums (the tips, the info, the sharing of common problems, the sharing of our cars, etc) still far outweight the "bad" (the bickering, the repeitition, the endless "mine is better").

Carry on, mate.
Appreciate 0