View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #6

Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

First best thing you can do is get a square setup on tires vs the staggered setup you have now. Add in real camber plates and you're on a really good start. You'd be amazed how much those two things will improve the handling of the car.

Originally Posted by MM135 View Post
Hi All,

Just did my first autocross this past weekend (Got 1st place in Class and 2nd place overall for "Novice" WOO!!!) and i am HOOKED!

Up-to this point i have done nothing to improve the handling of my 1er, only the power - In light of my new addiction i now want to make my car purpose built to Autocross while still being my DD.

With that - I just bought a new set of Wheels/Tires 225's in front and 255's in back to get rid of my stock RFT's and help stick to the road a bit better.

What would be the suggestion for my first mod to help the car handle better when im out Auto-xing... Or in what order would you piece together the suspension and with which parts to build the best platform on our cars to Auto-x.

I was thinking - DUH - Coilovers are your first mod, but as i read through all these threads, i am not so sure any more.... and if Coilovers are the first mod.... WHICH ONES???

Sorry for the long post - and thank you in advance for all of your help!!!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson