View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaurius View Post

Wow, $2K below invoice. Thanks that's the kind of hard number I'm looking for.
I'm used to dealing exclusively with the internet sales department specifically for the reasons you gave but I never knew you could go that low.
It all depends on which dealership and which guy/gal gets your e-certificate once you click through the service. I got a guy who started out aggressively (at a price completely agreeable to me), and once he saw I was going to aggressively shop around decided to go a bit lower to procure the deal.

Honestly, I wasn't buying a 135is at MSRP, and it was a stretch at invoice, so I had to make something happen. The weird thing was that through all of the haggling with all of the dealerships, I was constantly pricing M-Sport vs. IS. The best price on the IS ended up being only 2k than a similarly equipped M-Sport. That's due to a lot of factors (having to check more boxes, etc...), but to me, 2 grand is well worth the parts you get with the IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam View Post
The USAA car buying service is only affiliated with certain BMW dealerships and they're not obligated to sell you a car at the price that USAA spits out on their website.

But part of the discount is the "stackable" discount that's been mentioned which is valid at any BMW dealer--I believe it's $1,250 if you buy a 1-series and finance through USAA or $1,000 otherwise. I wound up getting essentially the same price from a local dealer that USAA's service suggested, so since there wasn't a car buying service-affiliated dealer in-state (I live in MA and the closest was in ME) I just went with the local guy.

In other words, if you have USAA you don't need to use the service to get a nice additional discount. Just tell the dealer you're a USAA member after you've negotiated your price.
I was seeing figures well beyond the $1250. It was more like 3-4 grand off MSRP before any negotiation at OFFICIAL USAA dealerships. Everyone else just chopped a grand off their best price and that was it.
Appreciate 0