View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Merked M3
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Originally Posted by DesioMedia View Post
Hi All,

I'm going to my first HPDE at thunder hill this upcoming monday and am super stoked. My car is a bone stock '09 128i sport pkg w/ conti extreme contact DWS all around.

I just brought my car in for a regular service where they replaced the brake fluid (dot 4) and front rotor and pads (stock). Ideally for this event I want to do as few modifications as possible but am concerned with my braking system, that I'll either boil the fluid or cook my pads and ruin my day. Should I just suck it up and put SS brakelines, Motul Brake fluid and get a set of HT-10s?

Also am I going to destroy my tires. I'm not expecting to really push the car to its limits my first time out.
I would not suggest a million mods since that is way too last minute. You will stress yourself out for no reason, especially since you will not be using the car to 10/10ths of its ability.

The only modification I would recommend is front (race compound) brake pads. Race compound pads would only be used for the track event, taken off afterwords, and bedded-in after every change. Not sure you would be able to get them and install before Monday.

I would say concentrate on how you and your car performs at the track before modding. Honestly after tracking your car, your preference about mods will change (it did for me!)
2008 E90 M3 6-MT - Sold but not forgotten - amazing car

The next car, my Porsche Cayman S