Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
Incidentally the margin on this thing must be ridiculous.... Shirt made in Turkey and embroidered by a machine in Germany. The overall product profitability of the 1M must be pretty interesting...
Lots of textile in and out of Europe come from Turkey. We are finding stuff even here in South America in stores like Zara, Mango, Boss etc. with labels made in Turkey, so there is nothing new about that. In fact, I probably prefer it to a shirt "made in Germany" since Germany is not a textile or fashion strong country.

I do agree that they must be making some good profit out of the shirts, but for places like Chile, which you could only buy a regular polo shirt without anything special for the same price, it just makes enough sense to buy the 1M shirt.
Just to clarify I did not mean to imply that the fact that the shirt was coming from Turkey was bad. I am Latin American, so perfectly aware that most clothing now comes from emerging countries (like El Salvador, Peru, Colombia, Bangladesh, etc.) and that the fact it comes from there has no impact on quality. What I did mean is that like in most clothing business the rationale for producing in emerging countries is low cost, hence my margin comment.
Appreciate 0