View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #6
Ian///M
Major General
No_Country

Drives: 1M

I suspect the laptop put USB ports to sleep or something. I always move the mouse every few minutes to keep laptop awake or use a AC power source as paranoid about this nightmare happening.

Evolve Instruction manual:
In most cases the battery life of most frequently driven new vehicles is sufficient, but It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the vehicle
has sufficient battery life to enable the reading and writing process, and therefore Evolve Automotive accepts not responsibility for any damage
cuased due lack of sufficient power during a read or write process.

Evolve FAQs:
Q. What if my battery runs out half way through?
A. Through the read/write process your vehicle will be 'live', so the battery will be on. For short processes this isn't an issue. But for longer ones, such as the N54, it is imperative that your vehicle battery be in good condition before you begin the process.
Our instruction manual will guide you through the process and tell you ways of increasing the battery health before you begin, but if your battery is dying you must use a relevant battery charger.
You also must ensure your laptop battery is charged enough for the process, and that all programs that could interrupt it are disabled, such as screen savers, virus checkers, sleep mode, power savers.

Last edited by Ian///M; 01-10-2013 at 05:25 AM.