I had already decided the rear would be done in LA, but due to logistics of transporting parts, I chose to do the front end up here in San Francisco myself. I have taken the front of my car apart a few times and decided to make a day of it.
This is not a DIY by any means but if anyone has any questions hit me up and I can try and help you out. I did 85% of this work solo, so it was hard to take photos and do the work at the same time. Everything went very smoothly and fit together very well. I dont have photos but should mention, the 1M headlight brackets went in very easily, they are just the trim piece, not the actual part that holds the headlight in place. The 1M specific windshield washer reservoir comes with a plug in it, so when deleting my 135i headlight washers, I did not have to modify the 1M fluid reservoir, it just installs as is.
I started with the sideskirts. I removed the door sills and all of the hardware holding them in place.
I then removed my front bumper. Here is a pic of it with the 1M one. The ER kit is about as wide as the 1M one.
I test fitted the 1M bumper for fun.
Here is a comparison shot of how the 1M bumper lines up with the ER widebody fender. They are nearly equal in width and in angle. Note the thickness of the fender edge and size difference of the 1M fender well.