Venom
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Teg DC2 + E82 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Send a message via AIM to Venom
Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Indeed, it is a fuel that corrodes rubber (seals and lines), leaves a sticky residue, and has not been fully tested with our platform (and many other auto's), but what can be concluded about the cause/effect of 3 injectors going out at once as a result of using E85 fuel?

I would imagine many would be reporting similar incidents, but this is the first one I've seen where someone is linking injector failure to e85 fuel.

That said - I have some experience with E85 from my previous performance vehicle, and I can tell you, it is a very risky fuel to use to say the least.

My injectors were gummed up at the injector tips from the e85 residue and carbon/oil vapors mixing and building up. They looked like solid black drops hanging off the injector tips. It eventually caused a lean condition and popped my engine. I wonder if this is the case here.
Well most pumps already have E10 or 10% ethanol in them... Maybe some of the 93 octanes there in Texas don't but I can say for sure that our 91 and 87 octane fuels definitely do and have for a while (some stations are now having stickers on em with a warning, this includes higher end brands like chevron.)

Prius is Latin for impotence.
Venom is offline   United_States