View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #77
foghat
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 913
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Seems like you were proven wrong with the TOP END power comment and now mentioning the brand whore comment... I'll choose to walk away from answering the latter...
Proven wrong? Are you even paying attention to what you are reading in this thread? Not once did I say you were wrong about top end power. I don't care who makes more power. Hell, I have a jb4.

And, I am just now mentioning the brand whore comment? That has been my main point of contention with you this entire thread.

Here is a recap for you:

here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=31

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
jb4 is great, but you are a brand whore if you go with a flash tune vs. a piggyback? Give me a break.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but I haven't heard of a single car getting bricked while installing Cobb - the fact that you were so terrified about it is irrelevant.

The fact that Terry now sells the Cobb unit and has a cobb map to support the jb4 speaks volumes.
and here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=38

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Not really misleading. My response was to someone saying if you want power go jb4, if you are brand whore go cobb.

The fact is, in big horsepower setups, Terry is now using his cobb map to deal with fueling issues (among other things) that cannot be addressed with the jb4 alone.

So saying to go jb4 (and, by extension, not cobb) if you want power is silly at best.
and here, where I even add the comment of how I started this whole 'discussion' within the thread because of the or brand whore comment:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=55

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Really this 'discussion' started with your asinine comment stating: "if you want power get JB4, if your a brand whore get cobb".

Even if jb4 makes more peak hp (which is what I think you mean when you say 'top end'), it is still an especially silly comment given Terry is now selling the cobb unit and has created his own map to help deal with fueling issues and such for higher hp applications.
Oh and look, here as well - and the only one you seemed to pick up on:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=64

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
so you use cobb. Running a custom tune built by Terry to work best with the jb4.

Please tell me why it is okay for you/Terry to use cobb to create a custom map, but the the guy that buys cobb and uses it without a jb4 is a brand whore?

Especially since it looks like stage 2+ aggressive beats the canned jb4 maps and is only down ~6hp when custom map 6 is used.
The comment is particularly amusing now that we learn you are actually using cobb as well.

So again: please tell me why it is okay for you/Terry to use cobb to create a custom map, but the the guy that buys cobb and uses it without a jb4 is a brand whore?
__________________
PTF tuned by Dzenno (94 oct) | Burger DCI | VRSF FMIC 7" | VRSF DP | Berk Street catback | Dynojet: 406/463 (std. correction) | Dyno Dynamics: 354/432 (ATMC1 correction)

Last edited by foghat; 02-01-2013 at 11:33 PM.
foghat is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote