Everything nachob mentioned and especially:
- bodywork and stance that fits the car's personality like a glove,
- balance between engine and chassis (levels of power and tq vs traction/handling capacity)
- manual gear box with M differential lock
- surprising levels of comfort and practicality for such an aggresive looking and performant car
- Signature cold start sound
- the fact that it doesn't offer many equipment options to choose from and in mechanical areas it doesn't offer any; it is like the car itself, just take it or leave it
"The mark of a great car is one whose overall competence exceeds what you should expect from its individual components and the 1M does just that", Chris Harris.
2011 BMW 1M: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, P3Cars, OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.