Everything nachob mentioned and especially:
- bodywork and stance that fits the car's personality like a glove,
- balance between engine and chassis (levels of power and tq vs traction/handling capacity)
- manual gear box with M differential lock
- surprising levels of comfort and practicality for such an aggresive looking and performant car
- Signature cold start sound
- the fact that it doesn't offer many equipment options to choose from and in mechanical areas it doesn't offer any; it is like the car itself, just take it or leave it
2011 BMW 1M: Euro spec, w/out Nav, manual seats. Evolve Race+N55 mid, Michelin PSS, ER charge pipe, aFe ProDryS drop-in filter, CDVx, BMW-IND trunk spoiler matt cf/VO stripe, BMW blacklines, BMW black grills, IND side gills&rear M logo, silver turn indicator bulbs, anthrazit overlays on side creases and on air curtains, MPerformance steering wheel w/VO ring, BMW steel pedals, custom mats, color matched MPower e-brake.