Installed eurobox & dry afe. DID NOT CLEAN MAF to feel the differences
Noticed the following:
-I believe my exhaust is quieter, but at the same time a better sound.
-Engine has a different note, seems more aggressive and eager to rev
-RPM climb quicker
-no woosh sounds with lid closed, with lid open the sound reminds me of a small turbo as in "vvvssst" lol
-Slight improvement in consumption at curse control Hwy speeds ~0.5 l/100km hopefully more as it averages out
-Definitely notice more tourque since I had DTC light flash on the same road 1 hour in between trips and just breathes better
Overall, I am pleased with Eurobox and Dry aFe and recommend everyone to cut their charcoal filters out at the very least
tip: install euro box as follows.
- make sure euro box has no maf attached
- insert euro filter, put hand /finqers inside @ MAF opening to check the seal all around
- do not close the lid.
- begin removing USA airbox, wipe air hose at MAF before removal
- remove USA airbox and transfer MAF. fit eurobox, attach one 10 mm bolt for stability.
- attach hose at MAF = This seemed harder on the Euro box because its anti slip groove seems to be a bit different then USA airbox
- you will notice that the box bounces around abit, its okay, it has a different base than USA box
- attach second 10mm, and begin closing the box at the kidney snorkle. Again you will notice increased resistance to slide on the snorkle onto euro lid
- close lid and secure with bolts
I think I should post a thread regarding my modding like a journal with some pics
Euro box vs Stock dimmentions:
Inlet diameter identical, note that plastic around it may be thicker on the Eurobox
Euro surface area of filter gauze = 640cm^2
US filter surface area: TBD (my guesss it is under 600cm^2 and someone said 20% difference so ~= 512 cm^2)
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60
"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Last edited by andrey_gta; 02-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.