View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Eyeman
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Bad news, don't try it! I would not recommend anyone with et 45 rear wheels on a One series to try 255 width Michelin PSS's. I'm sure even et50 would rub, especially if the wheels are wider than 9.0 inches or if the suspension is lowered.

I would also assume that most all offsets will rub a little in the front with 225 PSS's if the suspension has been lowered. That might be a harder issue for me to fix than my rear rub and amazingly I really did not rub in the front with 235 Toyos.

I figured I'd have a slight rub but it is much worse than that. I'm not just rubbing the inner liner as I had in the past, these tires rub my fenders at both the front and rear transition areas over bumps. I doubt I'll ever be able to get rid of all the rubbing. I swear they are very close to as wide as a 275 Toyo, Falken, or Nitto.

I also guess that's why the traction is so good, wider tires give better traction..lol. Also it's good that now I won't have to worry much about curbing my wheels, these tires run so full that I get pretty good tire protection.

I was able to drive my car home and I rubbed 4 times but I'm not gonna drive it more until I do some work. I plan to try to heat and pull my fenders some more and get a lightweight battery first. I assume I'll still add some camber after that. I bet I'll be able to make PSS's work front and rear but I'll probably have to raise my suspension some and add some camber.
BSM, Blk leather, 30%tint, Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, Nitto 555 225/35fr PSS 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, rearseat removal, iCarbon diffuser and front lip, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille