View Single Post
      05-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1578
Kydizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
It's recommended to have the appropriate hardware to reduce the stress on your motor and to have consistent results, but you can run E85 occasionally with decent results in ATR. Basically you'll need to modify your Timing map, load target map, and fuel scalar map.

This is no easy task as you'll have to log numerous times to make sure you car is running right, but basically start by slowly adding timing and load target to achieve more power and adjusting the scalar according to the amount of E85 you run. With your mods I would not run more than E20-E30 including the 10% already in most pump gas.

Also I recommend downloading virtual dyno which allows you to get a baseline dyno through your logs. That way with each adjustment you make in ATR you can see if it's having positive affects. I went from 360 WHP 400 WTQ on 93 pump to 395WHP 450 WTQ on 40% E85 and custom map on ATR.
thanks man, I already have virtual dyno i love that program, and i am definitely no stranger to e85 or ATR tuning, I self tuned my mazdaspeed 3 on a 60/40 blend of e85 with a bigger turbo and achieved 380whp but i have noticed ATR for this car seems to be a bit more confusing..

but as i kinda thought i will start with slow .5 increments in timing and of course tons of datalogging its a fun challenge for me just need the weather to clear up, thanks for the tips man.
Appreciate 0