Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Well Im not sure when the tone of this thread switched from production cut off to how rare the 135is may be. But I just though of something else. There will be no sure way to actually know the true ratio to see just how rare the 135is. Although all of the IS models come to the USA the number of coupes and convertibles (of 135i's total) you were able to look up does not take take into account all of the military sales US spec cars over here in europe. So there are yet still more coupes and verts here that arent in the total number of 135 cars made for 2013 and delivered to north america to figure out the true ratio of 135is to 135i cars. Also When I was checking into buying an IS before I was told they cant be delivered in europe the military sales dealers were alloted a few IS slots also for people that wanted to order one and didnt mind flying back stateside to get it just to send it back here on a boat lol. Not sure if Dealers in the US are able to see those production slots or not but that could be the differance in someone there getting one of the last production slots for one!
True, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. As you said, you can't order a 135is abroad unless you fly back and pick it up, which requires it to be delivered to the port, which is where the data is coming from. So maybe they are pretty well accounted for? No idea.

And I make no mistake about the "rarity" of this car - it will mean nothing for its monetary value. It is, however, cool to think about and know about! We in ZHP-land always wanted to know how many ZHPs landed here and in what combos. We have SOME data at zhpregistry.net, but it's dependent upon people finding the cars and inputting the info. Because the 135is data is fresh from the shipper, this seems to work well for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
"TheGuestSpeaker" on this forum is your twin. 6-speed, space grey, coral int
Very cool!
I Didn't say that you made a mistake about the rarity. I'm sure it will be very hard to come across (why do you think I wanted one lol) in later years. All I was saying is that the true ratio of 35i to 35is cars will probably never be completely accurate because of the US spec cars here in Europe! Yes you may know the number of IS cars delivered but not the ratio of of them to 35i cars because our cars here aren't included in the total number of 135s built for 2013. Actually our cars don't even show up in BMW NAs system until we come back stateside and register them. This kinda makes me wonder just how many more 330i zhp's may be out there unregistered and other combos. Unlike the 135is those were deliverable abroad in US spec config. Saw one here the other day and thought damn that's so clean I'd still love to have one. Guy said he bought over here new in 04 and has been here ever sense. However I had just graduated high school when the zhp came out so definitely couldn't afford one then.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0