10-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #1379
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Diffuser looks good!

Got my 1600 mile oil change today at dealer (I was 300 miles out of town when I hit 1200 miles last month, so had to wait). Probably overly cautious but thought it would be a good idea to do it anyways.

While at dealer at 7:30 a.m. today waiting for my car, I searched in vain for their new Ti Silver 135is coupe listed on their website (with no picture yet). I walked every inch of their huge lot (largest dealer in NorCal) and could not find the car. I know Greg will be crushed, as this was his unicorn and he desperately wanted pictures. It may have been in the 60 stall service garage getting its PDI done -- or maybe it was sold yesterday, don't know. Sorry, Greg -- we'll find you one yet!

I did find a new Lemans Blue 135is convertible on the lot, but it was parked close to two other cars so the pic I got is not worth posting... and there are much cleaner looking Lemans Blue coupes in this thread already.

EDIT: Also, they had a new 435i demo on the lot in Estoril Blue. I walked right by it first time thinking it was a 6 series coupe. Longer, wider and lower than the old 3. Nice looking, but.... fully loaded MSRP was $62.5K!!
My white (silver) whale still evades me.

Haven't seen a 4-series in person yet, though I'm sure LA will be crawling with them soon, and in pics and specs, it looks like a boat. And when I priced one out a few months ago optioning it out the same as my car, ya, it was $63k. I just don't see how that car is $18k better than ours. I'm sure it handles a little better, but same engine in bigger, heavier car, less power than IS, I'll keep my 135is and $18k to spend on tire valve stem caps and floor mats.

I think you're right, it really does just seem like a new iteration of the 6-series, at least in terms of size and general looks. Also looks like a turd without the m-sport front. Looks like a catfish with downs.

Last edited by gregthegr8; 10-06-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0