Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Kind of curious to see what kind of age bracket pulls in 1 owners to date. What was your plan of action, and why?
52 years old. I had a Datsun 510 as a daily driver when I was your age (actually, from about 20 to 35). In late December of 2012 I had an epiphany: I missed how much fun I had every time I drove that car. January 10, 2013 I ordered my 128i, the spiritual successor to the 510 and its arch nemesis, the BMW 2002.

I passed on a lot of more expensive or quicker cars to get it. I don't need big HP numbers and I have no need to constantly "upgrade" to a different vehicle as the 128i is a far better car than I am a driver. I PURCHASED my 128i with the intention of keeping it as long as I can get spare parts.

My goal is balanced, street-able handling along with the comfort my aged body desires. The SOFTEST bushings in the 510 were polyurethane and the interior was stripped of pretty much everything (I didn't have ultimate speed, but I sure had momentum). I did have door panels, but it wasn't until my daughter was born that I re-installed the back seat and heater though it still had no sound insulation or carpets (might explain why the only option I ordered besides M-Sport was the cold weather package...). My 128i has all the 1M/M3 suspension bits, sans the rear camber arms (coming January or February) and will most likely be finished off with Koni Sports and either Swift Spec-R or BMWP springs, square 17 x 8 wheels with 235-45/17 tires and a Quaife Then I'll just drive it, and drive it, and drive it.
Appreciate 0