andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
The best tune is the tune you actually buy
I bought evolve because I was excited to try new path, they had Christmas sale, and I knew they were reliable. I have no regrets, esp after learning about their header advantage as a piece of mind.

For you, headers is not a sticking point. And also right now the e90 guys are playing around with O2 sims/foulers, therefore there is less risk now about header options.

In the future, headers + foulers/O2sim mini-cat + header software is all you will need. Software for just 3 stage manifold will still work with headers, but has new dips that a header tune may address.

So for you the sticking point becomes flexibility: do you care and if you do how to apply and how much extra for a software update. This may limit you to just tuners with remote tunes, or it may not.

If Local tune < AA simon tool cost ( no software) OR Local < AA NonRemoteOption Then
do Local because its cheap

If Headers AND dont trust O2-sim than
do Evolve
Else
do AA

If experiential_desire
do p-torque

If support is important
do Evolve

If indifferent
decide AA vs Evolve

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 01-25-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0