01-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
The best tune is the tune you actually buy
I bought evolve because I was excited to try new path, they had Christmas sale, and I knew they were reliable. I have no regrets, esp after learning about their header advantage as a piece of mind.

For you, headers is not a sticking point. And also right now the e90 guys are playing around with O2 sims/foulers, therefore there is less risk now about header options.

In the future, headers + foulers/O2sim mini-cat + header software is all you will need. Software for just 3 stage manifold will still work with headers, but has new dips that a header tune may address.

So for you the sticking point becomes flexibility: do you care and if you do how to apply and how much extra for a software update. This may limit you to just tuners with remote tunes, or it may not.

If Local tune < AA simon tool cost ( no software) OR Local < AA NonRemoteOption Then
do Local because its cheap

If Headers AND dont trust O2-sim than
do Evolve
Else
do AA

If experiential_desire
do p-torque

If support is important
do Evolve

If indifferent
decide AA vs Evolve
Who knew I was going to discover code on this forum

I've been heavily searching on tunes for N51s, and it looks like AA or Local is my route.

Question on AA tune, for those who have it. Does it change throttle position or sensitivity? Please tell me no.
Appreciate 0