04-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
I went with these from Bavarian Autosport:

I have a shop that can do the coding for the chime, speedo, etc. Anything I want. That said, the only thing they can't do is the SAT radio. That's why I am having BimmerTech do that one. What exactly is it that the "Premium Package includes that I don't already have? I am asking out of shear ignorance here. I am trying to figure out what could possibly be missing options wise in this car for me to NOT have SAT radio enabled. Anything you guys can do to enlighten me here?

I will consider doing the BMW Performance exhaust in the future after I go hunt down some sound clips of it. I just don't want to get all stupid with this car like I have my previous ones. The wheels I might get later will be done when the tires go (and right now, at least the fronts, are brand new RE050's), if at all. That's because I can get VERY good deals on AG Wheels and VMR to make the cost very reasonable at whatever time that may occur.
Oh good, the pedals you got ARE the BMW Stainless Steel ones I have and was referring to. You have good taste. =P

Do you have the window sticker for the car? Probably not if bought from a dealer I suppose. You should look up one of those VIN decoders online or on this site where you can pop your VIN in and it'll show everything your car came with from the factory.

So, you don't see a SATELLITE option on the idrive menu when you go to the radio menu? That's how I know you likely don't have the premium package. Premium package includes - leather, comfort access keyless thingy, universal garage door opener built into the rearview mirror, 1 year of satellite radio, and some lil exterior lighting in the door handles. You can get leather seats as a stand alone like $1450 option though, so leather alone doesn't mean it has the premium package. But, BMW apparently are jerks and while it seems the premium package just means you get a year of pre-paid sirius, the truth is if you don't get the premium package the darn sirius won't even show up on the menu and the dealer will try to charge you $500+ to simply unlock it, even though it's pre-wired and ready to go. Jerks. Granted, 95% of their cars have the premium package on the lots, so it rarely comes up as an issue, but sure pissed me off.
Appreciate 0