View Single Post
      06-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Maybe a minor clarification is appropriate for NCSExpert. I haven't used it in awhile but it is not real time consuming to use. I would say it is cumbersome. I ran INPA to be sure I was connected and then NCSExpert to make changes. For each change, you download the portion of the cars software that the item you want to change is in, make the change (in a wordprocessor or notepad), and then load the modified script. The whole process is a few minutes. But the commands you need to use are not obvious so I used a tutorial that had step by step instructions each time I made a change.

If this phone tool is just a function of issuing a command or something, it would be a useful simplification of the process. If I knew it did battery coding I might get it for my wifes phone (mine is a work phone). I have a bluetooth that might work (I use it for Torque sometimes). Or maybe I could put this on a tablet, I have an Android tablet.

Anybody try this software on a tablet? I looked for battery registration and didn't see it in the list of features.