07-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #59
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAddicts View Post
Trying to decide between Auto 128i and Auto(DCT) 135i. Want to get impressions on the Auto 128i from owners.

But yes I've made up my mind on getting an Auto. Not looking for any info on manuals at all.
Not to sound like a broken record but I test drove a auto 128i before I ordered my manual. The auto transmission is as refined as something you would find in a Impala or Malibu, nothing to write home about.

If you are set on a auto why are you considering a 128i? Why not a 328i? or 335i? Something with a little more room would be beneficial if the primary purpose is going to be commuting. On several occasions I have wished my car had more trunk-space(rifles, golf clubs, hockey gear, etc) and passenger capacity. Food for thought.

Edit: I guess overall this thread is confusing, as I read this thread you ask for input, and then say you have made up your mind. When asking for input on comparing a GM Auto transmission vs a DCT you then say you will have to decide for yourself if it's worth it. It sounds to me like your mind is already made up and you are just looking for verification, not input.

Last edited by MarkkyyMan; 07-20-2014 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0