08-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #50
Jettt
Gun Slinger
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow and with caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Supercharger adds more weight and introduces more heat ( even intercooled ones). A supercharger is an obvious choice for someone doing the typical thing. We live in a time where every single BMW in production is FI. NA is more of a statement in the show scene and it has been recognized. And again, this car is built for the road course. If i built it for internet bragging or airstrip, supercharger would 100% be the way to go.

As far as weight goes, there is weight savings throughout the car. CF panels, stripped interior, seats, battery, sunroof delete, lightweight wheels etc. etc. Despite having the m3 parts the car weighs 100lbs less than a factory 1m and 400lbs less than an m3. Its a fantastic car and drives and handles beautifully. Balance was my main focus over power.

in a quarter mile I would probably loose to a FBO 135i, but on the track... this car will take it. It is only recently that BMW's turned into drag cars. I built this thing to embody the traditional bmw values. Again, if my goal was to make a straight line car I could have done so. I had a FBO N54 before I did the motorswap. it was fun on the street but had cooling issues on the track.
Nice. Way to keep the weight down. That would have been my biggest fear. I get that you want to keep it as a course car and for some reason you like and want to keep it N/A

Im just talking from personal experience, I have a supercharged e92 M3 and I couldnt imagine driving it without it after I put it in.

To each their own though!
Appreciate 0