09-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Miko226
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I noticed that my 08 135i is making a loud sort of fan noise when idling. After playing around I discovered that the noise stops if I turn off the A/C and comes back when I turn it on. The A/C blows cold but the noise can't be good.

A little history.... For the last few years I've had problems with the A/C not working in the summer. When it was under warranty I took it in twice and they said it was a seal that they replaced and recharged the system. Last summer, like a month after the warranty expired, it happened again. This time they said there was a leak in the evaporator and that it was going to cost $1,500 to fix. I was pissed and contacted BMW. They followed through but the best they offered was $300 off the service. Since it was a slow leak, taking about a year to stop working I decided not to do it. This summer it happened again so I decided to just refill the system myself using one of those cans from Wal-Mart. It worked fine and it's been blowing cold all summer but last week it started making this noise.

Did I break something by doing this refill myself? If so what could it be? How much is it going to cost to fix? If I do fix whatever is making the noise do I have to fix the evaporator too?

Honestly if this is going to cost thousands to fix I'm probably just going to trade the car in and get a new one. But if it's only going to cost a few hundred bucks I might just do it and wait until next year for the new 225i.

Any ideas?
So my A/C has been running fine ever since I recharged the coolant. Now recently it has started making this noise now =/ luckily I had BMW check the EVAP last month when they had it and said it was fine and recharged it again.

Was the fan sounding noise coming from the EVAP or is it not related because if its non related im going to have to pay the deductible again on my extended warranty unfortunately.

08' n54 135i FBO E85 - SOLD
Appreciate 0