View Single Post
      09-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
DougiesGoinDeep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i

So, many many hours later...

I started changing the spark plugs. Noticed a lot of oil on one of them (3, plus the rest looked really bad) and then found a crack in the valve cover nearby. I replaced the valve cover (with a new gasket), put everything back together, started it up and it immediately sounded awful, idled rough, and the engine symbol came on. I checked the engine and noticed I forgot to plug in the connector for fuel injector 6. I plugged it in, started it again, and it sounded normal. Cleared the codes but they did not go away*. Drove for 5-10 minutes, felt good. Drove home (a couple miles) still felt good. Started it up today and after about 30 seconds of idling in the driveway it starts getting very rough. I shut it down.

*I have codes for P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, and P0206. P0206 is new from forgetting to plug in the 6th injector (it came up as soon as I checked after forgetting to plug it in and has not gone away, after plugging it back in). The others are exactly the same as before. I am not convinced that the code reader I am using is clearing the codes. Is there any trick to it? It does not even read the codes without the engine actually running. Same with the code reader I tried at autozone. I have yet to see the SES light actually turn off at any point.

I switched the #6 coil with #1 just to see if a new code popped up, it did not, just the same ones above.

Any suggestions on what to try next?
Appreciate 0