View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #36
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post

Correct! Also, for those looking for 1er-specific fitment.. our new Flow-Form wheel is set to release in 9.5 ET57
I'm guessing the new VMR Flow-Form wheels are going to follow the current trend on being made in 19" sizing only - less than ideal for those of us who are performance-orientated on the 1-series platform
Please tell me I'm wrong
Another week of suspense is just too painful - perhaps release one new piece of information each day to keep the interest

My calculations show the ideal combination for those wanting to go as wide as possible would be front 18x8.5"/9" ET38-40 and rear 18x9.5" ET55-60, paired with the necessary camber and guard modifications - why would anyone bother going wide otherwise? Unfortunately, I rarely see any manufacturer making front wheels in these offsets with matching high-offset rear wheels to suit the 1-series.

And, just a couple footnotes to this:
1. Spacers are not always an option for everyone - using spacers on the street is prohibited here, so that rules out an ET45 with a 5mm+ spacer
2. Reducing the wheel track (i.e. increasing the wheel offset above ET52) on the street is prohibited here - not only that but the wheel track can only be increased by up to 25mm (i.e. reducing the wheel offset by 12mm)
Ridiculous laws Fortunately, this doesn't apply on the track.
Appreciate 0