12-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #195
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj135is View Post
Guys I'm new to this thread so bear with me on this question....I have a 2013 135is and have not had anything done except a couple of oil changes. Is this DME a general update for all owners or does it only address a specific problem someone is encountering?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
The software update that people are referring to in this thread is called SIB 12-15-14. It is a fix for throttle lag, idle fluctuation and lurching forward issues that some owners with the N55 engine (2011 - 2013) and the dual clutch transmission are experiencing.

If you notice any of these problems, you can go to your dealer and get this update free of charge under warranty. You will probably have to demonstrate these problems to your dealer to get the free update.

If your car was out of warranty, you would have to pay for this update. According to my dealer, it would cost two hours of labor and you don't have to prove you are having these issues to get the update because you are paying for it.

Pretty much all this information is in this thread and I've just tried to consolidate it for you.

Last edited by Esteban; 12-14-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0