Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
The e82 in its current state is very balanced. I was always contemplating a stroker in it but held back because I thought it would be too much. After buying the stroker e92 and driving the e82 more on the track I am confident it can handle the additional torque from the stroker.

The m3 w/ the stroker only puts down marginally more Hp likely around 415 on 91 vs my FBO tuned 4.0L in the e82 at 380 however it puts down a lot more torque. I think it would be perfect in the e82 where I think a supercharger would absolutely be over the top and disrupt the balance.
I think the S65 with this body is the perfect combination ... I'm considering it for some time and discussing from it with some friend.

I'm in the same state of mind as you are : I think a supercharger would destroy this balance and would be totally crazy.
How much torque do you actually have in the E92 ? Instead of increasing the power and torque, why not continuing putting her on a diet ?

In my project, I'm starting reflecting of swapping the rear OEM subrame with the one of and 1M/M3 ... I don't know which solution would be the best : some german tuner I'm in contact with said me they didn't do such a transformation !

M Sport package, Stage 1, CDV, BMC airfilter, VMR vb3, ST XTA, BMW Performance stuff, M3 arms, E93 M3 anti-roll bars F and R, ...

French community of 1 and 2 Series: One-Two-Bimmers
Appreciate 0