View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #6
Luckystrike24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09, 335XI, Manual, E90

Adam thank you for the kind words and for leaving a review, it really made my day. Here is a small blog about your car.

Adam and I have been discussing his 135 convertible for some time now, and we finally got a date and time together to do the maintenance / performance items he wanted. I had to take time off during the work week to meet him, but working around your busy schedule is my main priority.

He had me install downpipes, intercooler, charge pipe, dual cone intake, oil filter housing gasket, coolant hose o-ring replacement, brake fluid flush, spark plugs, cabin air filter, and a valve cleaning with a vacuum line replacement.

Now on to some pictures. When I arrived:

Adam has a beautiful home, that has a channel to the ocean in his back yard (), but he doesn't have a garage. No garage, no problem. I have a EZ-UP tent and stake it off in all four corners with down guys so it wont move.

Some pictures of his performance parts, downpipes, intercooler, DCI's, charge pipe, etc

Dirty valves 1-6, he has about 50k miles on his car. (I accidentally deleted one of the pictures so 1-5.)

Cleaned valves 1-6:

A few pictures of the oil filter housing gasket, coolant hose o-ring, spark plugs, and vac line replacements:

I numbered all the old plugs so the owner can look at them, and we can discuss any irregularities (if found).

A few pictures of the downpipe install. The convertible has some under-bracing that has to be moved out of the way slightly to gain access but its not really a big deal.

So when I install new downpipes, I always check the threads of the O2 sensors before I put them in. I found the threads on one of the 4 bungs to be troublesome. I chased the threads so there wouldn't be any install problems.

Installed:

Old intercooler removed, sorry no installed pics:

Brake fluid flush, sorry no dirty fluid pics but looked exactly the same (blue/grey as the previous job)
Appreciate 0