03-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #61
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
After examining your picture on page one and reading your comment about having a fingers worth of space, do you believe you could afford to have your tire 10 mm closer to the spring perch without any problems, assuming you can have the tire only a couple thousands clearance to the spring land without any issues? If so that would make me feel better about running an off set of 40 with a 255/35/18 tire on a 8.5" rim.

do you believe you could afford to have your front wheels/tires 2mm closer to your fenders without any ill effects? Or would this require a fender roll?
Not without fender rolling and/or pulling. Im already dealing with slight fender rub on front passenger side, only under hard compression. Im not hearing or fealing the rub. I just notice slight rub mark on the outside tire side wall. Ive been lapping the car like this for two years without an issue.

With all that camber (-3.2*) and 0 toe in the front, stiff sidewalls of the Dunlop Direzza ZII, one thing Im not in love with is tramlining on the streets. Got to live with that I suppose.
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0