View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #11
Luckystrike24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09, 335XI, Manual, E90

I know it's not a 135 but it was a big project to do all this work and wanted to share with you guys here.

The third time I had johnny's car we did an oil pan gasket, coolant pipe replacement that is nestled between the down pipes, axle seal replacments - did I mention his car is an AWD?, full valve cover replacement, rb PCV install on the new valve cover, front diff fluid replacment, engine oil, coolant, a few turbo coolant line seals, dp gaskets, cam position seals, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting at the moment - like windshield washer motor and filter replacements, spark plugs - Some pics below.

Since his car is an awd, had to pull the front suspension, axles, front diff, subframe, motor mounts, and support the engine from the top. The axles go through the oil pan so all that had to be removed to gain access to the pan. I also ordered some bmw specific tools to make the job go smooth.

Edit to post... since I didn't keep up to date with the job, I took some photos of all the old parts that I changed. I forgot I changed the boost soleniods on his car as well.

Rear shock mount to control arm bolts were replaced

Front diff axle seals and washer bottle cap were replaced

Plugs

Head light washer motor and filter replaced

The aluminum one time use oil pan bolts were replaced

These orings which are the axle carrier to oil pan seal and the front diff to oil pan seal were replaced

This orange oring is the oil level sensor in the bottom of the oil pan which was removed cleaned and reinstalled with a new seal

This is the seal for the powersteering cap and it was replaced

This is the seals for the cam shaft position sensors and they were replaced. These are now included in oil filter housing gasket changes

These orings are the turbo charger coolant line orings to the coolant pipe that was changed

And this is the coolant pipe that was changed. It required the removal of the down pipes

The old valve cover and gasket that was replaced

Last edited by Luckystrike24; 06-21-2015 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0