View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
Dafttt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimjim View Post
less than 24 hours later, the car has puked 3 qts of fluid! the shop claims the 1-series used a separate gasket/pan/filter in the 1-series only a couple years before going to a one-piece kit. and the oem gasket had "metal" tabs to keep it in place.
Okay, I know nothing about this trans but let's say they're right. Did they use that one-piece kit or simply reinstall your old gasket? Oil pans don't exactly puke unless it was installed improperly. You sure the vent or dipstick isn't puking? (do these trans even have a dipstick? probably not.) Either way, your shop was last to touch the transmission. It's on them, and they probably know that.

Also, check your work order (aka estimate) and repair order. It should clearly state what you were billed for. I think my shop charges 2hrs for auto and .5hrs for manual @ $105/hr. The amount of hours required for a job, like a transmission flush, is called flat rate. That's job security, and all shops do this - so if a tech working there flags 3hrs from your trans, and finishes the job in half the time, he's now free to move on to the next repair order and keep making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimjim View Post
even the dealer does me a better deal than that - charging only for work they do.
People unaware of labor rate get upset about this all the time. Trust me, they're just making you wait. Helps portray that you got your money's worth.

Last edited by Dafttt; 07-29-2015 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0