02-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
flipmde786
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
anyone who actually drives hard knows that all season tires are a compromise that are not as good as summer tires in the dry and not as good as winter tires in the snow.

we drive BMW's here, we didn't compromise on vehicles so why settle for a compromise on tires.

Then again, if you don't care about tires or never corner anywhere near the limits you probably wouldn't be able to tell if your car had winter tires or summer tires on it anyways.......
I know that summer tires are better, but I don't have time to change wheels/tires, otherwise I would've just bought a 330i.

Going by your statement that all-seasons suck, RFT all-seasons suck more. So being that I do take corners and care about driving, I want to get rid of the RFTs.

I'd appreciate it if someone could just answer my damn question. I don't need to be told the basics of driving and what makes a car perform well, all of which I know very well, otherwise I wouldn't be buying a BMW in the first place. Sorry to sound harsh, but it pisses me off that people can't get answers quickly on this forum; they have to listen to some condescending person fill the forum up with unnecessary comments and personal attacks.

A direct answer to my question would be appreciated. If you don't have one, don't post. Thanks.