08-18-2015, 06:58 AM   #8
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Dramatic thread title. Your pics don't show anything, your description doesn't describe the problem well, and then, you scrape everybody who could be affected by refusing to reveal which make of pipe you have. Very helpful, 5 stars.
Co#k

OK so if look at the bov attachment weld you can see the weld root has begun to break apart, the throttle body end has been wearing away and you can see this in the areas of pitting and wear on the image, how this happened is still a mystery however I'm thinking that the movement of the charge pipe and the softer metal on the charge pipe compared to the throtle body casting has led to it being worn down... Most concerning is the fact that metal particles could have only went one way... Into the inlet manifold.

And it's bad enough that the manufacturer is replacing it under warranty and admitted it was defective. Now, it doesn't matter if I post their name because all I'm trying to do is bring a learning to the table... If you don't want to look at your pipe then don't.
Appreciate 0