08-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #17
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
Your source for this conjecture is what?

I would suggest to you that BMW knows exactly what people are going to do with their cars. Their goal is to get as many people to buy their cars as possible, the "hop up fraternity" (whatever the fuck that is) included. They build the ultimate driving machine. Evidence: Do you think the 1 series with a twin turbocharged 3 liter has 6pot brembo calipers so that I can stop appropriately on my commute to the grocery store? How about the oil cooler? How about the BMW PPKs, PEs, PSs: Factory prepped additions to the car that have no bearing on the materials the engine was manufactured with and are designed with the explicit purpose of adding power and performance. - do you think these were created with "bean counting" in mind?

Cease fire with the pretending. You're not going to do the swap either way. Happy motoring.
Does your post have a point to make or do you just like to ramble on about nothing?

Any company that hopes to survive counts beans including BMW. The company provides brakes commensurate with the cars performance. We wouldn't want you hitting a tree while you are showing off. Also note you are paying a good price for what you get.

The extra 20 HP is an expensive joke which clearly says what the company is most concerned about, making money.

Also in response to a previous post, there isn't anything but anecdotal evidence how well the engine will stand up to increases in HP. Knowing car guys, they'll report their successes but seldom failures like a rod thorough the block. And just how many miles/time will the engine survive with the additional stresses imposed by more HP?

Anyway, it is easy to glibly talk trash without any real knowledge of what you are talking about. You are obviously a master at that.
Appreciate 0