10-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #19
cbl117
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Well, at least clean the leather. Does not take more than two three hours, the whole interior. Shiny leather is the worst.

Get it detailed, man.
Oh I clean and condition the leather...very often. And I spend 3-5 hours almost every weekend detailing it (various waxing, polishing, sealing, conditioning). I've taken it to a reputable detailing shop about 1-2 times a year for paint corrections, but that only corrects so much. The deeper scratches (albeit not very noticeable) don't come out because there's only so much clear and I don't think they want to risk it. With that cleaning though I can't stop the natural aging process. I added some pictures to help explain what I mean. I think the easy response to fall back on is "get it detailed, man!" But I DO that.

The seats are boston lemon and I think that helps to show the age. No matter how much I scrub I don't get all the pores and creases clean. I hope the picture of the steering wheel helps explain what I mean by being shiny. I'm open to any ideas to clean up the leather. I use meg's leather cleaner and conditioner. I'll try the Dr colorchips on the paint. From 5 feet away the car looks mint, but the devil (patina) is in the details. If this is just normal wear then I'll shut my pie hole and accept it.
Attached Images

CURRENT: 2013 TSM 335i 6AT | Stock!!...for now |
SOLD: 2010 CR 135i 6MT | 351 WHP 387 WTQ | Dinan Stage 2 | Dinan Intercooler | BMS DCI | Berk Street Axle Back | N55 Midpipe | BMWP Y-Pipe | Bilstein HD Dampers | BMWP Springs | Whiteline RSFB Inserts | 225/255 RE71R | CDV Delete | CF Diffuser |

Last edited by cbl117; 10-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: adding pictures
Appreciate 1