View Single Post
      12-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #61
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGtoe View Post
I have been reading so many threads & posts and now getting informational overload

Just a silly question. If the PE removes the resonator, then couldn't you just remove this on the stock n55 and get a similar exhaust sound?

I only ask because I am about to purchase the PE and want to make sure its the right purchase. I also don't want to mess with any parts related to emission requirements that will cause it to fail. I am assuming the PE will not do this because they would not sell here, at least not via a BMW dealer I will be doing the install myself and then getting the Dinan stage 2 following.
You could just do a resonator delete and keep stock exhaust, and it will increase volume from stock, but it will not sound the same as the PE, which is noticeably deeper and more rumbly than the stock muffler. I think it sounds wonderfully rowdy - a bit of rough edge on an otherwise refined car.
Appreciate 1