View Single Post
      03-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #41
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailowill View Post
I've done it. I'm still testing the results. I need more information from more experienced members to figure out if it is truly off or not.

So what I'm seeing/feeling is that:

1) There is still braking intervention with DTC & DSC still on/with DSC on only. I guess this is expected since I'm not actually coding off traction/stability control.

2) While testing in snow with DTC & DSC off, I still felt something holding back the rear tires. There were occasions where I had trouble getting the car rotated unless I really upset the balance of the car.

I have an autocross event coming up. I'll try to update with more thoughts later.
You guys are both misunderstanding that setting. Coding the e-differential off does not effect the other systems like dsc/asc/cbc. I am not sure if turning off dsc (holding traction button for 3 seconds) turns off asc or cbc. If it doesn't, that may be why you're still not able to slide without intervention. If this is the case then you'll have to research the asc lines of code as I don't think anyone has messed with those yet.

I am pretty sure it has been confirmed in this thread, and elsewhere, that setting the e-diff from wert_02 to wert_00 & wert_01 (together) will disable it. I didn't do it myself because I don't have a mechanical lsd. The picture I posted is of the e-diff active on the 128i (wert_02).
Appreciate 0