Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Pre-LCI 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingers View Post
I have a non-idrive professional HU and when my old mulf was dying the radio would stop temporarily like you described. I am sure that the faulty mulf was causing it and it was fixed when I replaced the mulf with the newer mulf2 unit.

I read that some dead mulf units can be revived by reflow the solder connections. That involves putting the unit in a hot toaster oven. Ive not tried and do this at your own risk!

So Blingers, can you tell me more about the MULF2 replacement? Why did you go to MULF2? I'm assuming it needed coding.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on getting my current MULF repaired, but for the same cost I can purchase a MULF2 from the wreckers and in theory buy the cabling for USB.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281880011965

I just don't know whether this is going to work with iDrive? and then I'd need someone to code or work it out myself....
I went with the mulf2 with usb to retrofit usb aswell. I never got around to installing USB but what i did was:

-remove the old ulf,
-remove the white cover cap on the car ulf wire harness to plug in the new mulf
-remove the BT antenna cover cap on the ulf wiring side to plug in the new mulf
-plug in the MOST cables to the mulf
-used my kcan usb obd cable for coding in ncsexpert
-because my car is pre 03/07 build, ncsexpert will not associate the new mulf (post 03/07) module to my car. To trick ncsexpert to detect the mulf module, you need to change the build date in your VO to a date on or after 03/07. DO NOT fa_write(code) this new VO to the CAS. This build dat change is to only fool ncsexpert to allow mulf coding. Your car would already have the BT option $644 and if you want USB then add $6FL to the VO too. sg_codieren the rad2(pro-hu) and mulf to the new VO and you should have bt and usb working.

I am not sure if you can use this procedure for your CCC module but it works for rad2(professional radio) units
Attached Images

Appreciate 0