View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 11:39 PM   #8
Rickmac
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i m-sport

I just wanted to give an update in hopes for guidance.

I'm still having this rough idle and poor acceleration issue.
I just bought all the tools necessary to walnut blast my intake valves so that will be done tomorrow. But I'm starting to think these symptoms are due to a different issue. Mainly because the symptoms are getting worse and they seem extreme for just some carbon build up.
On idle, the car shakes and stutters every couple of seconds. While accelerating, I can feel the sudden loss and re-gain of power. A hesitation.
I also noticed a constant ticking noise which someone said could be bad injector (s).
And on top of all this I'm also hearing a rattle during low rpm/low gear acceleration, and at idle when I rev the engine. Which could be a failing wastegate.

Yet with all these symptoms I still have yet to get another code. I've actually tried by going wot on a cold engine, nothing..
I'm just praying I find the nastiest carbon build up in those intake valves. So I can clean the piss out of them and hopefully be sure that was the issue.
But if the problem persists, does anyone have any recommendations on a course of action? I'd like to avoid shops if possible. Im cheap and just simply don't trust them.
Basically I'm just looking for some tests I can do to help diagnos the issue.

I do have the cobb Accessport, so if I can monitor something on there that will tell me what's wrongoing, that would be great
Appreciate 0